The Dangers of Mould: Toxic Mould - A families shocking story - By Andrea Fabry

Air quality issues?

Contact us now and you may be eligable for a free trial of GermXit!







Type this below: captcha




Client Testimonial

  • When we first moved into the new building everyone got sick with colds and flu. We cleaned the air conditioners and installed Germxit and notice illness reduced over the following months. We also had a problem with allot of mosquitoes in the office and Germxit got rid of thoses too. It seems mosquitoes don't like tea tree oil, which was a bonus for us. Thanks Germxit !

  • “...we found that the number of illnesses dropped by around 80%. Further the nasty smells that dominated disappeared. I would highly recommend Germxit to anyone”
    MOPU Superintendent

  • “We added GermXit™ to a 2nd rig and ... we could see an immediate effect.”
    MOPU Superintendent

  • “Under the conditions of the experiment, GermXit™ gel had a measurable biocidal effect on E.coli and C.albicans”
    university lab report

  • “The study has demonstrated that GermXit™ gel has the potential to be a useful decontamination agent in HVAC duct systems”
    university lab report

  • “There has been an apparent decrease in coughs, colds, etc. ...the decrease in these ailments in such a closed environment of a ship is testament to the overall effectiveness of your process.”
    ships captain

  • “There is no doubt the product GermXit™ has not only improved the air quality throughout the living facility it continues to neutralize and disperse all Bacteria, Fungi, etc. from the system.”
    drilling rig manager

  • “I have used GermXit ever since the system was first installed and will continue to do so.”
    drilling rig manager

Our family of eleven unknowingly moved into a home ridden with toxic mold. As our health deteriorated, we slowly uncovered the truth about the connection between health and the indoor environment.

The following timeline chronicles our family’s encounter with toxic mold, the vacating of our Colorado home, and the events of the following year.

OUR TOXIC MOLD EXPOSURE

June 2000. Chris, our eight children, and I move from a small 1,800-square-foot home in suburban Chicago to an expansive, relatively new 5,500-square-foot home in Monument, Colorado. We choose Colorado for its beauty and proximity to Chris’ writing colleagues.

June 2001 through May 2007. Our ninth child, Brandon James, is born in June 2001. We begin to see some medical issues arise. Our oldest daughter develops a severe nut allergy. Our fourth daughter is diagnosed with complex partial seizure disorder. Other problems arise in the family, such as mild hearing loss, heavy menstrual bleeding, rashes, nickel allergies, swollen adenoids, and a dog with diabetes. We make no association with our home.

April 2007. Our 11-year-old son, Reagan, has a skin biopsy for a mysterious rash in the form of small bumps on his elbows and other joints. A dermatologist cannot diagnose the cause.

May 9, 2007 (the day before Mother’s Day). In the process of preparing for carpets to be cleaned in our downstairs level, I notice a brown spot in the corner of our oldest daughter’s room. It is located directly behind a bathroom. After uncovering the spot and cutting into the wall, we discover black mold. (We learn much later that cutting into the wall caused the spores to be released, thereby putting the family at risk.) We call a mold remediation team to diagnose and treat it. They do not wear masks and do not ventilate the contaminated air. They assure us there is no risk or danger. We believe them. (Fourteen months later I would read: “Remediators who are not wearing any face, mouth, hand, or body protection in the midst of visible mold or moldy odors are untrained and should be asked to leave. You will be hurt by their lack of training.”)

Read more click here